Saturday, September 09, 2006

I'm in Love!


The girls on CinCHouse are doing monthly craft-a-long and the theme this month is a favorite memory. When I hit Walmart this week I found some fabric that I had to buy, perfect for this craft-a-long. It brings back memories of living in NY and going back to visit after we moved.

So I sewed up a pair of PJ's for S and of course for myself. What girl doesn't want to sleep or lounge around in a sweets! The pair for S are big she will probably be able to wear them when she is 5yrs old. This is my first sewn article of clothing for myself. I love love love this print. Best thing of all they fit me perfectly! I'm in love, I love my pants! I think I used love one too many times haha.

(click on pics to enlarge)


So a favorite memory behind the pants goes back to my family. After every meal usually a after our dinner settled in our bellies my aunt or grandmother would bring on the desserts. Along with the desserts was a hot pot of coffee. We would sit in her screened in porch in the backyard(away from the bugs)reminiscing on life. Who did this and whats going on with so n so, just general chit chat amoung us girls. My family is from Long Island, NY they all have that northern accent going on, they talk fast and eat lots of Italian food. I love my family! I haven't see them since dh deployed in 2004 when my mom, S & I we up to visit for a mth. S learned to walk while we were there, oh the memories!

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

the pj's look really cute. sounds like a great family memory :)

Anonymous said...

What great pants! I've been thinking of making a pair like that lately.

doreen said...

I love these pants. I need to check my stash and whip some up for me.

Karina said...

those are great!

Anonymous said...

This reminds me of my idea for christmas gifts to my nieces and nephews this year - I'm making everyone matching pj bottoms - kind of a fun "Christmas morning" warm fuzzy. This way, too, the kids will feel like they have something in common with my daughter E - she's the only grandchild that lives far away.

The pjs are great! You picked a cute print. And thanks again for starting the craft a long...