Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Love, Hate...

Oy the Military....the never-ending love hate relationship!!!

Let's rewind a little.....

Back in May we were showing orders for Germany...Yikes! J showed me online and my heart fell to the floor because that was the LAST place I wanted to go after being in Hawaii aka The Rock. Hawaii isn't that bad it just gets old after a while, JMO. We were hoping for east coast. So hubby contacts his branch manager to let him know our situation and he was wonderful with working with us....so he changes it to Ft. Stewart which is where we wanted to go 3 hrs from my family in GA & SC. Wonderful being in the middle of everyone. Far enough away no one can just drop by but close enough for visits. If we liked it we were going to try to stay longer or he would get out.

Well, today he has a meeting and its been changed!! He calls since he shows Ft. Bragg he thought it was error because it was handwritten. So I check and its shows Ft. Bragg! He gets home and emailed the branch manager to check on it. I wonder how long its been showing Bragg.

What will happen next...stay tuned!

All things happen for a reason right?? The real estate market looks better in NC.

At least, we would still on the east coast and we can jump in the car and drive. We would still be 3 hrs from both my parents in SC and my grandparents in NC. It's the south which is where I want to be. NC is a pretty state too!!

6 comments:

Karina said...

we just came from pope, all my family is there and jenn lives there, its great, i want to go bk, it is better than ft stewart where we were before pope....

Jennifer said...

yea, i love fayetteville, but not everyone does.

Anonymous said...

hey I'm at fort stewart, wish you were going to be coming here so we could all get together and knit! =)

Anonymous said...

When we were engaged, James was originally assigned Fort Stewart (which we were looking forward to) - it was changed a couple of months later to Fort Drum (ugh!) and he deployed shortly after we married and moved there (which made me even more bitter about Drum - this was JUST before Sept 11 so being deployed was a big deal). But you can turn almost any lemons into lemonade. I got a fun job, made cool friends, we had a great time while we were there. Good for you for looking at the bright side!

doreen said...

oh wow, if you're in fay, maybe I could meet you in person on a visit?

Jennifer said...

hey, when are u guys moving here?