Wednesday, June 07, 2006

new hobby?

Check it out!! PANTS...they look like pants too. I remember trying to sew when I was younger and really making some ugly stuff on my mom's sewing machine.

This is actually done from a pattern for PJ's. I picked up some el cheapo fabric to test out my abilities before diving face first and goofing up. Woot, I did it and they look pretty good in person. Now I need to pick up some fleece and make lil S some real PJ's. This is the pattern. I guess I have myself a HOBBY!! I wanna make the kiddos Halloween outfits this yr.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You did a great job. I actually did the exact same thing the other night, only I ripped apart a pair of pants E had that I loved and used that as the pattern - and I turned them into capris. I did the same thing - used so-so fabric first as a tester. Do you have a little girl? Because if you do you can turn that same pattern into a capri pattern by just folding the legs up a couple of inches (around where the knee would be). It works great! I'll post my pants when I make a pair I like...

Just Another *SINGLE* Mom said...

Thanks for your comment. I love your blog and look forward to reading it and seeing your projects.

I have two little girls, I need to figure out how to taper those legs in more.