Tuesday, May 15, 2007

It's over

J's leave time is offically over. It's sad and just makes reality of this deployment set in a little more. I am trying to enjoy the remaining time we have together. While he was on leave he was notified that the date was moved up. I am hoping and praying that he will at least be here for S's ballet recital. Even if he leaves that night I would be happy as long as he could see her on that stage for the first time. We had a great time while he was on leave going out of town and doing some work on the house, spending time outside in the yard chasing the kids around, his dad came in town to upgrade our alarm system so I have one less thing to worry about. Sleeping is hard for me to do alone, at least I am not the only one in this world.

One day during lunch he was picked up H and just held her tight, it was a different kinda hug that usual. So I asked whats wrong, he replied that when he gets home she will be so much older and won't be a baby anymore. It made me tear up and I had to get back to washing dishes before I started to break down. It really makes me sad to know he is gonna miss so much of the little things. I try to tell myself we have done this one time before but sometimes it seems this go around isn't gonna be any easier. Thank goodness for the internet, web cameras and phones right.

Off to soak in some more precious time....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awe what a bummer, I'm so sorry. My thoughts are with you! Hugs!

Karina said...

Its soo hard and no one understands fully till they've been through it....