Saturday, November 18, 2006

Yada, yada, yada...

the house saga continues...

Yesterday, I found a house that I wanted to show J since it was a possibility for us to get. So we went last night for J to check it out. We put in an offer on it this morning. This house was the same price as the first house but it was further away from post. We had up to 24 hours before we would know if they accepted our offer. Well our realtor contacted me this afternoon and guess what?? The seller of the original house wanted to offer the house at the appraisal price. We had to make a decision before they accepted our offer on the 2nd house so we could withdrawal our contract.

Sooooo, since we are getting a pretty good deal on the original house we decided to go ahead and take it. I hope this was the right move!! Hopefully this is the end of my drama otherwise, I might become gray headed overnight!

Tomorrow we are going to do a walk-thru to see that the repairs were done. This place is gonna look pretty inside with fresh paint, carpet and the new flooring in the kitchen. It will be wonderful to be able to get in before Thanksgiving since our paperwork was at the closing stage with USAA. I guess we will see what happens!

5 comments:

Karina said...

awesome, keep us posted!

K. said...

I am so happy that things are working out for you.

Jano said...

I don’t want to sound like a nosey one. Don’t forget that you’re going to need homeowners insurance prior to closing. There is a big difference in prices between companies in that area. The good thing is that you got time to shop around. Congrats on the house. Also if your going with a VA home guarantee loan, you might need a VA inspection also….

Just Another Army Wife said...

We got our insurance taken care of and as far as I know the inspection that we got done is the only one we needed but I'll check with USAA to be sure.

Thanks

**Crystal** said...

What a roller coaster! So glad things seem to be working out, though. Yay!