Saturday, July 30, 2005

its saturday

I got up picked up one of my friends and headed to the swap meet. I haven't been on a Saturday and I know why now. It was PACKED. We even got there early. Wednesday is definately the day to go & EARLY cuz of the heat. She had never been, she picked up gifts for family since she is going home on vacation. She did a good job shopping too. I left dd & dh home it was weird not having her with me..I felt like I was forgetting something. She even mentioned it was weird not having my sidekick along with me.

Also stocked back up on DVD's thanks to CompUSA.

I got home ate lunch and watched good ol' Paula. I even saw a local show and they were showcasing a resturant at Ala Moana and they had stuffed artichokes. I have never seen them stuffed like we stuff them..served at a resturant. It makes me wonder what they are charging and how they taste.

One of the things Paula made today....instead of writing them down i am just gonna keep the ones I want here. I love this WOMEN!!! I watch her daily 2 different show so it will be easier if I get the recipes I want by each show.



***************************************



Mom's Banana Dessert
Recipe courtesy Paula Deen
2 cups whipping cream
2 tablespoons sugar, or a little more if you like it sweeter
15 cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies (recommended: Oreo), crushed
4 bananas, sliced
2 tablespoons chocolate syrup
2 tablespoons chopped pecans, toasted
Whip the cream with the sugar until peaks form. Fill a large glass bowl with half the banana slices and half the whipped cream. Repeat layers with remaining ingredients. Drizzle chocolate syrup over the top layer of whipped cream. Scatter the toasted pecans over all and serve.

0 comments: